Does white pill with imprint M367 cause nausea and vomiting?

May 2014

Hello I see a pain management dr for chronic tmj and fibromyalgia I was prescribed hydrocodone 10/325. When I first started taking them they gave me Norco the yellow pill which would give me a few hours of relief. Now when I get my medication they give me a white pill with the imprint M367 which causes me severe nausea, sometimes vomiting and I am not getting any relief from them. What is the difference in the 2? I told the nurse practitioner and she says they are the same. If they are the same why am I not getting any relief and these new side effects? Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. The yellow pill Norco 10/325 with imprint 539 contains acetaminophen 325 mg and hydrocodone 10 mg. The white pill M367 contains acetaminophen 325 mg and hydrocodone 10 mg. Essentially both are the same though some of the inactive ingredients may differ (not the medication part). So if you are allergic to the inactive component, there might be some nausea like situation. These pain medications are very mild in dosage and that may be the reason you are not getting much relief. Lyrica is a promising medication for many people but I am sorry to hear that you are developing rashes and have had to stop it. A neurologist is the best doctor you may consult with regards to the pains as described by you. They will examine your nerves in detail and recommend further testing if necessary. Hope your query is answered. Do write back in you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek