Diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries. Having irregular periods. Prescribed with meprate. Noticed spotting. Suggest

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Myself 28 year diagnosed with poly cystic overlies last week Had normal delivery on 25years Had irregular periods from a year after failure of copper t Which was removed Got last periods in August Last week dr prescribed meprate 10mg before taking that tablet my periods started on 17 November So I don't take the tablet but now from 3days the bleeding is very less like spots Now I need to take tablet or not Others tests r normal thyroid n cbc
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: WAIT FOR 3 - 4 DAYS, ELSE TAKE MEPRATE COURSE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. With polycystic ovarian disease, often a normal period does not occur. What happens is spotting / scanty bleeding. This is because there is hormonal imbalance, and the full thickness of the lining of the uterus fails to get shed off. Hence, the spotting could be quite normal. I would advice you to wait for a few days ( 3 - 4 days ) , to see if the spotting progresses into a proper period. If it does not, then take the course of Meprate as advised ( since you have not had a period since August, the uterine lining must have built up by now ) - to induce a proper withdrawal bleeding. Hope this answer helped you. Take care, and please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries. Having irregular periods. Prescribed with meprate. Noticed spotting. Suggest 4 minutes later
Thank u dr My obg dr asked me to come on second day of period But now wen I have to go to her

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: GO TOMORROW ITSELF. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your appreciation. If you have been asked to come on the second day of the period ( for any investigation or any kind of treatment ) , then you should go tomorrow itself. She herself would assess the status of the endometrium ( lining of the uterus ) and guide you accordingly. Take care

Follow-up: Diagnosed with poly cystic ovaries. Having irregular periods. Prescribed with meprate. Noticed spotting. Suggest 1 minute later
OK thank u dr

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Brief Answer: TAKE CARE Detailed Answer: It is a pleasure to assist you XXXXXXX Please feel free to contact me directly anytime directly on - WWW.WWWW.WW