Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Normal?

May 2013
Hi There, just wanted to know i was expecting my periods on 6th may and till now i didnt have it, on 18th april had a pregneancy test which was negative, and had no intercourse after that ,is it normal to be delayed by 10-15 days
I am 34 .thanks
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
If your expected date of periods is 6th May, then the result of the urine pregnancy test on 18th April is not reliable.
Because urine pregnancy test should be done around one week after missing the period date for accurate result.
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation in the previous cycle there is possibility of pregnancy.
So now you go for pregnancy test.
If the result comes negative consult gynecologist once, get evaluated to fond out the cause for the delayed periods.
After that you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Normal? 47 minutes later
Hi Doctor

But i had my last periods on the 8th april and then i had to go for some tests on 18th april out of which pregnancy test was mandatory , and since then i didnt have any intercourse, so if i had my periods on 8th april, so as per my 28 days cycle should get periods by 6th may.....
8th april- periods
18th april- pregnancy test-negative
6th may - no periods...

still can there be chances of pregnancy?????

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later

In case of regular periods the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Because usually in case of regular 28 days cycle, ovulation will occur on around 14th day of the cycle.
So as you didn't have intercourse after 11th day (18th April) the possibility of pregnancy is less.
For more details you can ask me through: WWW.WWWW.WW Take care.