Ask a Urologist   »  

Dark bump on the urinary tract, painfull while urinating, blood blisters. What could it be, advise and treatment?

my wife has a dark lump which has appeared on her urinary tract. She can see it. It is painful when she urinates and appears attached to her. It seems to have come up in the last few hours (at least the pain has) and is like a blood blister and is quite hard. What could it be? What should we do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
A painful dark lump near the urinary tract can be a hematoma due to injury or an infected bartholin's cyst. A direct examination is the only way to find out the actual cause.
She needs to get herself examined by her gynecologist. Antibiotics and pain killers are needed for relief.
Meanwhile doing a cold compress on the area will be helpful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.