Chylmadia, on arthromycin, retest, fluconzole, augmentin, URAL effervescent granules

Hi doctor,

my name is XXXXXXX im tested(SWAB and Blood) and detected for Chlymadia and doctor gave me arthromycin(1000mg).after 16days retest(SWAB) in the report it says

Gram stain :-
Pus cells: few
Gram positive Cocci: Few
Yeast cell : few
no gram negative intracellular diplococci morphologically resemblin N gonorrhoeae seen

Culture Test:-
a confluent mixed growth of
1) group D enterococci
2)candida albicans
were obtained

doctor gave me

1 fuconzole 150mg tablet( i took yesterday)

and Augmentin 625mg 2 times a day and URAL effervescent granules ( now continuing to take these medication)

my concerns wht is the menaing of my report saying all those found mentioned above.can you please clarify and suggest me right treatment please

Thank You

Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

It seems like a mixed Sexually Transmitted Infection(STI), with chlamydia, bacterial and candidial infection. As indicated by your culture report.

Enterococci do not usually cause STI but they may cause superadded infection or may be contaminant in sample.

T. Azithromycin is for chlamydial infection.
T.Fluconazole for candidial infection.
Cap. Augmentin for enterococcal infection.

So far you have got correct treatment.

Only thing I would like to suggest is, you may repeat Cap.fluconazole after one week. Plus you will have to take Cap doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for seven days now for chamydial infection. Please this with your doctor.

Another concern of mine is since you have got this infection due to unprotected sexual encounter with partner, your partner must get treated for same.

Another important thing is that get yourself tested for HIV ELISA test and RPR test for syphilis as chances of getting HIV are high if there is co existing STD infection.

Hope this answers your queries. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Follow-up: Chylmadia, on arthromycin, retest, fluconzole, augmentin, URAL effervescent granules 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply doctor,

i have been tested for Syphilis,ghnorhea,Chlymdia and Hepatitis - B.only Chlymdia is detected positive and rest all negative.

i had sex on 14th May twice and after on 31 may once was checked for HIV with rapid test and me and my sex partner was tested again on 13th XXXXXXX with HIV rapid test and both came negative and doctor there told me since both are negative need not to worry and since my partner is not willing to go any more tests for STD they started treating me.

i have concern here doctor since we both came negative is there any chance of getting infeted with HIV if not

how much time it will take to get rid of this infections.please help.
today i observed theres colourless discharge from my penis before that i have discharge from penis tip very very little.but after taking fluconzel theres a dicharge from my penis and inside under the skin.does it have nay thing with medicines
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 18 hours later

Good to hear that you and your partner are tested and negative for HIV. The test are very sensitive and negative test rules out HIV infection. But do repeat test for HIV after 3months to be doubly sure
as HIV test comes negative if you are in window period.

Since both of you are HIV negative at the present, there is no chance of contracting the disease provided that both of you remain faithful with each other.

It usually takes 2 weeks for chlamydial infections to heal. It should take a maximum of 3 weeks to heal.

Avoid unprotected sexual encounters .BE FAITHFUL TO YOUR PARTNER.

Your partner should also take same treatment as she is most likely to be infected.

As i said previously you may repeat Cap.fluconazole after one week. Plus you will have to take Cap doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for seven days now for chamydial infection. Please consult this with your doctor.

Dont worry about the discharge. It will subside. It has nothing to do with the drugs.

Be Faithful.