Child has diarrhea, prescribed Taxim O syrup. Correct dose?

Gud Mrng Doc,

My son is 5 months old and weighs 7.23 Kgs. He is suffering from diarrohea.
My family Doc has advised Taxim O Syrup in addition to other medicaments.
Pls advise correct doses with respect to Taxim O Syrup.

Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Welcome to HCM!
Taxim-o is an antibiotic named cefixime. The dose is 8 mg/kg/day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses (i.e 5ml or 2.5ml twice a day);Your doctor must have prescribed it keeping in mind the cause. For diarrhea also give more fluids and light diet to eat. Do not stop the drug on your own, please visit your doctor again if it increases. If you do not have any further clarifications, kindly close and rate it. Thanks