Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy?

Question
I had a frenulum tore during intercourse and the blood entered by girl friends vagina, can she get pregnant???
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 12 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Are her periods regular?
2.) Was the sexual act an unprotected act?
3.) On what date (related to her menstrual cycle) was this sexual act?

I would be able to answer your query when I know the above details.

Unprotected sexual intercourse during the ovulation period (unsafe period) can lead to pregnancy.

Kindly revert back with your answers so that I can guide you in the best possible way.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 49 minutes later
Thanx for reply

1) yes her period are regular
2) we had unprotected sex
3) 15th of every month she has her menstrual cycle, and v did sex on 22nd.

and i pulled out before ejaculation and probably precum.

rgds
Abhishek

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 16 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back to me.

Since you have had sex on 22nd, which is the 8th day of her cycle, there wont be any chances of pregnancy as it is the safe period with respect to her menstrual cycle.

But since you have had unprotected sex, do not take any chances. Kindly wait for her next periods. If she happens to miss them, by any chance, get a urine pregnancy test using a early morning first urine sample of the day, after a week of her expected menses.

If periods happen on the expected date or a day earlier or later, then she is not pregnant.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 48 minutes later
But can actually blood create pregnancy???
Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Can my blood from penis can actually create pregnancy as I have heard that only sperm can make a women pregnant....

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you once again for writing back to me.

Blood per se does not cause pregnancy and it never will. If at all the blood contains semen which will have sperms, this causes pregnancy.

Since you have had the sexual encounter on the 8th day of her cycle, pregnancy is highly unlikely.

Hope this answers your query.

Kindly revert back if you have further queries, I will be happy to help and guide you.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 2 hours later
I had a frenulum tore due to which my blood went inside her vagina, i suppose that may not be containing sperm or semen. is it possible that frenulum tore may contain sperm or semen.

as told u before also that i pulled my penis out before ejaculation and probably precum

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 6 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you once again for the query.

The torn frenulum can contain Semen as Frenulum is a fold of mucous membrane passing from the underside of the glans penis to the XXXXXXX surface of the prepuce.

Even if you have tried Coitus Interruptus, that is withdrawing the penis before ejaculation, it is not 100% safe.

However as the act was performed during the safe period, the chance of pregnancy is less likely.

Hope I have answered your query.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

I had ejaculation after 8 second after pulling my penis, still the blood can have semen or sperm..

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 14 hours later
Hi Abhihek,

Thank you for the query.

The prepuce (Foreskin) always contains semen of very little amount. Since the sexual act was performed during the safe period, the chances of pregnancy is unlikey.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 1 hour later
Her periods starts from 13th and she has irregular period, and what's the chance of pregnancy in case of blood transmission in vagina by frenulum tore or foreskin tore...

Can the frenulum blood still cause pregnancy.. I m sorry for repeated 1 ques but, this ws my 1st sex act and this transmission is scaring me...

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

You had said earlier, that her Periods are regular and are on 15th of every month.

The chances of pregnancy with a frenulum tear and blood entering her vagina during the safe period of her cycle is 0%.

If the same thing happens during unsafe period, the chances are 50%.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 3 days later
Hello Doctor,

There was a miscommunication, 12th is the 1st day of her period and 15th is the last date.

Siting all the above questionaire, can still she have a pregnancy. and as spoken to her, she normally goes above date, and she is having white discharge from her vagina... previously it was more but now it has lessened..

Had sex with her on 22nd afternoon and didnt ejaculate but has a frenulum tore and blood went inside her, and she was sitting for 3 to 4 hours after sex, as in she didnt not ly on the bed and take rest.

Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

There are no chances of pregnancy, as you have had sex during safe period.

Wait for her next period date.

If she misses it, get a Urine pregnancy test done as I had directed in my previous answers.

Hope, this solves your doubt. Wish you good health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 40 hours later
Her next period date was 11th nov, she didint had her period, I did a hpt on 10th nov evening, it showed -ve result..

But she is nt feelin anything abnormal..

Kindly suggest... Can still der me a chances of pregnancy...

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 22 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the query.

A delayed period doesn't mean that she is pregnant.

1. Wait for a week, that is, till 18th November, if she gets the periods within this, she is not pregnant.

2. If she doesn't happen beyond 18th, get a urine pregnancy test done using an early morning first urine sample of the day. A negative test will rule out pregnancy.

Delayed period can happen due to hormone disturbances / stress and other reasons which can be confirmed by a gynecologist.

Hope this helps.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef

Follow-up: Can the blood from frenulum tear cause pregnancy? 4 days later
Hello Doc.

today is 16th Nov, and she is 3 days above her period, i did HPT with the1st Urine of her and the result turned out -ve, is there still possibility of she being pregnant.

Rgds

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 19 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank again for writing in to me.

I understand you are eagerly waiting to rule the condition out.

As mentioned in my previous reply, please wait till 18th November for her periods.

If she gets her Periods within the next two days she is not pregnant.

If she doesn't, you may repeat urine pregnancy test with early morning first urine sample to rule out pregnancy. You may write back to me if you need further assistance then.

Hope my answer is both reassuring and helpful.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef