Had partially protected sex. Negative HPT. Chances of pregnancy?

Deqr sir
me and my gf involved in genital rubbing which was more like genitals pressed against each other strongly.we never had any intercourse due to the pain and didnt try further .although my penis touched her vaginal hole for like 30 seconds but there wasnt any ejaculation or pre ejaculation as I didnt get aroused and we didnt et further as this was our third time and we were very easy as she feels a lot of pain even if I touch her vagina she just starts exaggereting.i didnt want to force her and all .We both were super dry and virgins .she has an intact hymen .I have told her a million times that this couldnt lead to pregnancy but she has freaked out so much that she lost her apetite and has taken two hpts after the incident namely after 6 and 10 days which both have come negative.she got very stressed and refused to eat anything and developed gas and indigestion and nausea.we consulted an abdominal specialist and after the medication she is prefectly finr amd herself states that she feels bloating in her stomach only when she is stressed.she has not eaten preoperly for almost a week.sir what are her chances of geting pregnant in the ase of no ejaculation and no penetration and no precum as well?? She has freaked out after reading the stories on internet .first time this activity happened on 24th may and she got her prd on that day.after thqt she got her prd on 1 july which ia normal as she has a cycle of 34 days and second time it happend on 9th july .she took the testa on 15th and 19th july .HELP.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

In the situation that you have described, the chances of pregnancy are very low, but still cannot be totally excluded. This is because even during genital rubbing (‘dry sex’) without vaginal intercourse or ejaculation, there is still a very minimal chance that sexual fluids can be exchanged.

However, since you have mentioned that you're sure that was no contact with any sexual fluids (not even the ‘pre-ejaculate’ or 'precum') and that your girlfriend’s hymen was intact, the chance of pregnancy is this case is extremely low. Also, a home pregnancy test done on the 10th day is negative, thereby making the possibility of pregnancy even more remote.

But, if your girlfriend is still anxious and doubtful, I would suggest that she repeats a pregnancy test after one week, and if that is also negative, then she can put her fears to rest.

Wish you all the best.

Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Follow-up: Had partially protected sex. Negative HPT. Chances of pregnancy? 15 hours later
Sir! I want to know what are the chances of pregnancy in such a case ? I have heard or known it is not that easy to cinceive by just not even it so easy to conceive?
Also, my gf has pain in her one breast for like a second but that happens to her many times even wwhen we were not sexually active.she is perfectly fine ryt noe but is stressed. I want to know the practical chances of conceiving in such a case.i havr never ejaculated even after the incident.we have been doing sych activities For like two minutes only.once i did ejaculate but i had a condom on and was never near her vagina.I have never had intercourse with her and the reason of ejaculation i feel that time was wearing the condom for firt time.she has never seen an ejaculation in her life :-/ and we were super dry .also that she has a cycle of 34 days and ended with period on 5th july .she must not be ovulating during 9th july .waiting for your reply sir.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 6 hours later
Hello again and thanks for your follow-up query.

In my opinion, in this case, the practical possibility of pregnancy would be almost zero. The main reason is that you have clearly mentioned that both of you were "super dry", that you DID NOT have intercourse or ejaculate or even pre-ejaculate. If this is the situation, then, there is hardly any possibility for sperms to enter the vagina and cause fertilization.

Like you have rightly mentioned, even if there is full-fledged vaginal intercourse and ejaculation, it does not mean that pregnancy will happen certainly. There are many factors affecting the chances of pregnancy like the ovulation period, frequency of sex, etc. On an average, the estimated probability for pregnancy is only about 15 to 25 percent for every ovulatory cycle. So, practically, it is not that easy to concieve with just one random sexual intercourse.

The other valid point is that your girlfriend's case, since her last period ended on 5th July, she would not have been ovulating by the 9th of July (when you had this incident). So, this fact also makes the possibility of pregnancy very very unlikely.

Regarding the symptoms such as breast pain and bloated sensation in the abdomen which your girlfirend had been having, these are very non-specific symptom and are not indicative of pregnancy.

So, in conclusion, you can reassure your girlfriend that there is no reason to freak out since the practical chances of pregnancy in the given situation is almost nil.

Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: Had partially protected sex. Negative HPT. Chances of pregnancy? 5 hours later
okay sir !
Does that in totality mean we both can be tension free completely?
We will let the period come and in case she misses it (Which wont happen looking at the conditions) do the HPT !
We can be totally free right?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 10 hours later
Yes, both of you can relax and be tension-free. Stop worrying or analyzing about this and keep your minds relaxed and engaged in your routine activities.

Wish you all the best.

Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Follow-up: Had partially protected sex. Negative HPT. Chances of pregnancy? 9 hours later
thank you so much sir !I qould like to know what are the reasons of tingling sensation or more like needle pricking sensation in breasts that lasts for just a second or two randomly?
This is not the first time.that she has got it .It happens i think MAYBE monthly but she is getting conscious abt it now.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later
Such type of mild, non-specific symptoms such as tingling sensation or even mild pain in the breasts are common and are most likely due to cyclical hormonal changes. Moreover, when person is more anxious or under stress, it is possible for them to become more aware of such mild physical symptoms. She needn't worry about these sensations and I don't think she needs any treatment for the same.

Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist