Can I take delsym, tylenol and codeine for cough?

Feb 2013

Can I take delsym cough with Tylenol with codeine together for cough? Or which of the two is best for cough?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before advising you I want to know the type of cough.

Is it wet with phlegm or a dry cough?

Delsym and Tylenol-codeine are both can be given in dry cough but as there is Tylenol in the later combination, it is not advisable in dry cough without fever, headache, or throat pain.

I think Delsym is an OTC drug in your area and it should be taken in advised dosage only.

Tylenol with codeine combination is a prescribed drug and don't use this medication unless it is prescribed by a doctor after examining you.

But before taking the drugs, check for any previous hypersensitivity or allergic reactions to that concerned drug.

And I advise you to consult your Physician for the examination including throat and lungs to detect the cause and its specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.