CBC test showed RBC count is 3.79, PCV/Haematocrit is 34.6. What does this mean?

Hello, My wife has done a CBC test done. her RBC count is 3.79, PCV/Haematocrit is 34.6 and ESR(westergen method) is 29. what does this mean.
other haemoglobin, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW-CV, total leucocyte count, neutrophilis, lymphocytes, eosinophilis, monocytes, MPV, WBC and platelets count are normal
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 38 minutes later
I have gone through investigations report.
All thyroid investigations are normal except a little variability that can can correct if your wife undergoes a repeat test after one week.
However urine routine test is showing some bacterial infection.
ESR can increase in case of infection that corresponds with urine test.So let your wife to undergo urine culture sensitivity & take proper antibiotic after culture sensitivity report.
RBC is count of number of red blood cell per cubic mm of blood that take oxygen from lungs to other body organs, Hemoglobin is the main content in red blood cell that attaches with oxygen.
Her hemoglobin is normal, but RBC count can decrease in state of infection like urinary one.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Follow-up: CBC test showed RBC count is 3.79, PCV/Haematocrit is 34.6. What does this mean? 14 hours later
Thanks Doctor for your analysis.
My wife has also been experiencing some skin allergies (rashes) on her hands, thighs and upper trunk (areas below the neck -in front and behind). They disappear in 15-20 mins. We have not been able to identify the reason or ocassion when they appear most.

She has also been feeling fatigue and lazy for the past 1 month.

Are these related to the blood test reports?

Also we are planning to start a what all precautions should we take and will these symptoms (mentioned above- bacteria in urine, T4-thyroid, low RBC) have any problem
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The rashes appear to be urticaria and should be examined closely when they appear by a local physician for proper diagnosis and management.
The feeling of fatigue is related to the urine infection.
Before starting the family she should be free from all infections and should not be on any kind of medicine in preceding two months and the ensuing pregnancy and lactation period.
I hope the advise would be helpful.