Breast feel pain, tender and sensitive on 3 day of periods. No lumps found. Normal?

Question
Hi, today is the last day of my period but my left breast still feels quite tender and sensitive. At times, it will give a dull aching feeling but not that much of a pain. It just feel slightly more tender and sensitive than the right breast but the appearance of both breast are the same. I've been rather worried and tried to do self breast examination twice a day to spot for any lumps that might be the cause of it but so far i none was found, just that the upper outer area of the left breast feels more tender to touch. is this something normal or alarming? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 14 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Breast tenderness during the time of periods is absolutely normal and physiological . This is due to rising estrogen levels in the body.
You need not worry as long as it is not associated with the lump in the breast.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further queries.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Breast feel pain, tender and sensitive on 3 day of periods. No lumps found. Normal? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the reassurance. Just like to check again, even if the tenderness last for a few days after menses, it is quite normal too am I right to say that? The ache comes from the collar bone to the upper part of the breast. it feels achy only when i press/apply pressure onto it.

Good to see your prompt reply,

Breast tenderness during first fifteen days and couple of days prior to menses is considered to be normal.
So relax.
No treatment is necessary other than well supporting and fitting brasier.
Wish you good health.
regards,
Dr Nilofer