Had Fibroidenoma removed. Having pain occasionally in both the breasts. Done with mammograms. Further treatment?

Mar 2013
I am always worried about my breasts. In the past I have had a Fibroidenoma (40 years ago) removed. I have had two biopsies on my right breast for calcifications which were normal. But I am always terrified to go for mamograms. It's not the tests but the waiting after. I am in complete terror waiting. My question is I get pains ocassionaly in both breasts but mostly in the right breast. Last November I had a normal mamogram and two clinical breast exams by two different doctors just because I was so worried. I had a normal mamogram the year before that and brought up the occasional pain to my doctor and all was normal then also. They said everything was normal. The pains are not constant, or very painful, and not even every day and I am sure I bring this on with anxiety. Is this possible To have pains that are not serious and I should just believe my mamograms and my doctors?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry if the tests and exams are normal.

Detailed Answer:
If the yearly mammograms are normal, and most importantly, the clinical breast exams ( that too by TWO doctors ) are normal, please DO NOT WORRY.
You are so correct in surmising that this is due to anxiety, hence please work on that.
Occasional pains and discomfort in the breasts are quite common, particularly after menopause as the hormonal levels go all awry.
To allay your anxiety, go ahead and have a third opinion by a doctor, but it is quite unnecessary after all the work up that you have had.
Feel free to discuss further.