Been having itchy dry patches on entire body and on genitals. Why is it worse on the testicles?

I have been having very itchy dry patches of skin on my face, neck, upper chest, back, and on my genitlia, the area of my genitlia has been the worse, as it's on my testicles and neck and head of the penis, the skin isn't dry but tends to become very wrinkled. This has happened in the past but not on my genital area. What can I do if I can't afford to see a doctor about it and what might it be?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 54 minutes later

The way you have described your symptoms (Itchy Patches), its appears to a Fungal Infection. Tinea is a likely possibility.

What you need a Anti-fungal cream and and anti-fungal medication.

You can get an anti-fungal cream from a local chemist.
Apply on affected areas for 2 weeks.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Follow-up: Been having itchy dry patches on entire body and on genitals. Why is it worse on the testicles? 40 hours later
alright quantity wise how much should I apply after getting the cream, and now it seems the places that are infected are producing small bumps also, I'm assuming that it's still a fungal infection
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 15 hours later

Please apply just enough to cover the affected area and gently rub such that the cream spreads and gets distributed uniformly.

Also get an Oral Anti-fungal tablet as it will help to heal the lesions faster.

Take Care

Dr Kiran