6 months pregnant. Developed pain on upper back. How to get relief from this pain?

I am currently 6 months pregnant and have developed pain on my left upper back. What do I need to do get relief from this pain?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
You can apply any gel like volini gel for pain relief. Also hot fomentation will help.
If the pain persisits,then you can take medication like spasmoproxyvan/ myospaz forte but i wont recommend taking them unless the pain is severe. I would advise that you avoid taking oral pain relief medication unless absolutely necessary. I believe that the gel application and hot fomentation will help adequately.

Follow-up: 6 months pregnant. Developed pain on upper back. How to get relief from this pain? 12 minutes later
Thank you. Also I have been having cold and cough and I was advised to take Piriton cough syrup which makes me feel drowsy. Is it safe to consume cough syrup during pregnancy? Will it have any impact on the baby?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Thats more helpful in allergic conditions.If you have only a cough,then take grilinctus cough syrup.And warm saline gargles/steam inhalation.Piriton has a sedative effects so i wont suggest that at present.