56 years old. Having hypoglycemic swings. On levoxyl for hypothyroidism. Could I have pancreatic tumor?

Lately I have hypoglycemic swings. I'm not physically hungry. I have to eat protein (chicken) & peanut butter to bring it up to normal (for me, normal is 65-70 fasting). I am 56 year old female, 5'6" tall., 114 lbs, on levoxyl for hypothyroidism. Had blood checked months ago & everything was fine. Could I have pancreatic tumor?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

It is premature to fear about pancreatic cancer. As it can not be diagnosed with clinical presentation only. Test like serum insulin level, MRI abdomen and several other routine investigation needed to confirm it.

First, you have to monitor your blood sugar level daily/during hypoglycemic episode and diet. Low sugar level can come normal fast with sweet products or glucose drink.

Please provide me following details to help you better:
-Recent weight loss?
-Complaints abdominal pain or back or other part of body
-Recent report of T3/T4/TSH (thyroid hormone) levels
-Blood sugar level, you had during hypoglycemic episode

Wish you good health.