13 years old diagnosed with ADHD, aspergers and bipolar. Worrisome

My daughter is 13 and been diagnosed as ADHD, Aspergers and Bipolar. She also has an IQ of 154. She is currently in an IOP program because she is in what appears to be a depressive state and having "hallucinations"(I think these are fake) and her psychiatrist has adjusted her meds again. I am concerned about the constant changing of meds. However, because of her intellect, I am also concerned that she is manipulating what she is really feeling/experiencing to get the attention. Is there a way I can determine if these are real symptoms or if they are fake?
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Welcome again.
First of all I must congratulate you for having a very intelligent kid.
Intelligent kids have their own problems, they are assertive, they are competetive, they are attention seeking and they are very smart to catch.
I can understand your feers and your concerns.
One simple observation can diffentiate whether the child is malingering- both ADHD and Bipolar reduce the duration of sleep, if the child is fussy all the time but sleeps about 7-8hours at night, then it is suggestive of feigning child.
If she also sleeps during day time say afternoon naps then it is more probable that she may not be that sick.
I think you should also get the child re-evaluated from a XXXXXXX psychiatrist, because personally I think one child with two different groups psychiatric illnesses is strange occurrence, it may be only ADHD.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!