when we see blood pressure as high will it be 180/120?

Fri, 26 Aug 2011
's  Response
Just come along to my place and I'll show you it today. Only medical students, nurses, trolley-pushers, "para-medics" and most doctors regard 120/80 as a "GOLD STANDARD". Baloney really, -yet it still gets taught. My readings frequently well over are 200 (Ps) and well over 105 (Pd).. and when I work out or during a swim, they exceed both your figures. If you want, I can give you a detailed explanation EDIT: I do hope the two posts below don't refer to me? - If they do, I'm sorry to say that the figures I quote are perfect. If they weren't, I'd be dead. I teach Cardiovascular haemodynamics,... sorry !
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello maria;
welcome to HeathcareMagic
The bookwise normal BP is 120/80 but there is another method to calculate the normal systolic that is upper one and that is the age of the person +90 gives the systolic normal and the diastolic normal is always 70-80.Anything above the lower or diastolic BP of 90 is surely high BP .So if the diastolic 100 it needs to be monitored;investigated and treated similarly the BP of 180/120 is surely high and needs to be investigated and treated.
Thanks