Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

what type of doctor handled abscess of the gums?

what type of doctor handled abscess of the gums?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jun 2010
Answers:  6 Views:  553
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Abscess of gums can be because of many reasons. so it is very difficult to say who can handle it.
Basically any dentist who is qualified can handle an dental abscess......

If you need an specialist then in specific terms if it is from the periodontal origin then periodontist can handle it well.
If it is from the tooth origin then endodontics can handle it well..

My suggestion is go for diagnosis first and then treatment.


Dr. Vishal
Answered: Mon, 16 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
An abscess in the gums need not be an infection of the gums in general it could be also due to an infected tooth. A dentist can identify it and provide the adequate treatment. A specialist of the gums and periodontal ligament is known as a Periodontist.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Doctors holding BDS/MDS degrees are qualified to treat dental abscess of tooth or periodontal origin.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Akash Prasad's  Response
Generally abscess of gum can be handled by any general dentist, but a periodontist of an Oral & Maxillofacial surgeon is a specialised doctor.
Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Roshan Khan's  Response
basically any dentist would deal with those. but if u need any specialist you can search for periodontists or oral surgeons
Answered: Tue, 29 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Latif's  Response
periodontist / oral and maxillofacial surgeon,
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor