Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

ulcer in my colon

i got ulcer in my colon and not feeling well in two years just give me the diet chart and some medication and doctors said that it is a chronic disese they are not able to diagnose it properly nd they suggest me capsule endoscpy just tell me what to do
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  443
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Colonic ulcers or inflammations are best diagnosed by colonoscopy. Capsule endoscopy is the best way to diagnose. Sometimes taking a biopsy is necessary to know the type of lesion. Dietary modifications will only help in the short term relief. You need to follow the advise of your gastroenterologist in this regard.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Answered: Sat, 15 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Colonoscopy is beneficial for you and you should undergo that. But should also enquire with your gastroenterologist regarding the cause of this ulcer. Is it Crohn's disease, have you heard of it?

Answered: Fri, 29 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor