Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

treatment for excessive hair on body?

hi doctor i have a 4 year girl .she has lot of hairs on her body .i already consult a doctor but i am not satisfied. please help me what should i do now.i think when when she will grown up she felt bad
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Amit,
Thanks for writing.
I would like to reassure you that the body hair can normally be expected to decrease in children over a period of time. Excessive body hair is commonly related to genetics. If your daughter is otherwise perfectly normal, I would suggest that you wait for say about 6 months-1 year. If the body hair decrease, you can continue your wait and watch technique. Otherwise, please see her paediatrician for getting a testosterone level done. Excessive levels of testosterone can sometimes cause excess body hair.
A common home remedy to decrease body hair is to make a paste with wheat flour and milk. This can be put on the body and allowed to dry. This then needs to be rubbed off using a little oil.
A mixture of honey and lemon juice (4:1 ratio) will also help.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 26 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor