Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

pain killer for torn acl and fractured tibia

I have a torn acl and fractured tibia. i am waiting for a call from an orthopedic surgeon i have been referred to. In the meantime i have a prescription for percocet 5/325 and it is not very effective even though i mix with ibuprofen. Also acetametophine has never agreed with me. My question is, having said all this, is there a different pain medication i can ask for for these injuries?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Pain medication is important but more important is to apply long knee brace & rest.
It will help in reducing swelling as well as pain.
For pain you can take a combination fo aceclofenac+serratiopeptidase+paracetamol
Answered: Mon, 3 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor