my hubbys heart rate is at 53bpm should he go to hospital?

my hubbys heart rate is at 53bpm should he go to hospital? hes sleeping and that is his bpm 53 what should i do?
Wed, 24 Aug 2011
Medical Topics ,  
hi,thanks for query.In the absence of any other problem there is no need to worry.Please see whether he is taking any medicines for high blood pressure.Also look for any complain of chest pain,giddiness,difficulty in breathing.Having any of this needs complete evaluation and visit to ER.
wishing him good health.
Piyush Pandey's  Response
My resting pulse is 44, I am of course very fit,you have not given any past,current or medication history with regard to your husband,so I have to pass on a sensible answer.