Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

cause for bleeding after taking unwanted pill

whats the cause for bleeding after taking unwanted pill during intercourse after 5th day. please suggest what to do for avoiding pregnancy
Asked On : Thu, 13 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello niky;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Unwanted 72 is a emergency contraceptive pill and is a hormonal pill so you are sure to get withdrawal bleeding with in 3-7 days of taking the pill.The reason for bleeding is the sudden surge and drop in hormonal levels after taking the pill.The bleeding will be like periods and will stop in 4-5 days and if it does not stop then you have to consult a Gynaecologist.As for avoiding pregnancy if you have sex a few times a month then it is better for you to get started on a regular birth control pill as it will help you to avoid pregnancy as well as keep your periods regular.
Answered: Mon, 12 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor