Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

ave had a heart murmur since birth. Done ECHO cardiogram. Possibility of recovery, worsening of murmur?

I have had a heart murmur since I was born, I m 18 now. 5 years ago I had an ECHO cardiogram done and it was reviewed by a pediatric cardiologist . He stated that I had an innocent murmur. Since then I have been extremely active running track and cross country although I did have a health issue with an electrolyte imbalance 2-3 years ago. I never feel pain, shortness of breath, or irregularity with the heart beats. But I was still wondering if the heart murmur could have gotten worse for any reason?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  311
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Since you are able to do all your activities esp active running track and cross country, and the fact that you don't have any chest pain, shortness of breath or irregularity in heart beats, suggest that you are ok.

Hope this helps

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Answered: Mon, 27 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor