Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Will the VSD hole in my babies heart close as she grow up ?

my baby have vsd hole in her heart 8.9 in size will it colse as she grow
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
VSD is ventricular septal defect - a hole in the wall separating the right ventricle and the left ventricle. Whether a VSD will close naturally or not depends on its size, location, age of child, response of the body, etc. There are many unknown factors. A small muscular VSD is likely to close as the child grows up, while an outlet VSD will not close. Also, one should take into account the degree of leak of blood across the defect and the effect of such a shunt on the lung pressures and the blood vessels of the lung. A large hole leading to equalisation of pressures between the right and the left side probably needs to be addressed surgically and early surgery may be life saving. Later on, if permanent damage occurs to the lung vessels, the condition may become inoperable.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor