Will stents inserted in your arteries last a lifetime?

i recently had angioplasty plus stent insertion and i just wanted to make sure they are in my system forever and ever without getting damaged
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
Not enough history on them as of Yet

Hi there....I was told by the cardiologist that I had two 70% blockages of the two main arteries of the heart and lately I ve been having some pain in heart area. I wish he hadn t told me cause I find myself worrying if Ifeel any disoomfort in that area. When do they perform stents? Just wondering...no big deal. Im a 66 year old female. Yea!

I recently had a stent inserted in LAD artery and have totally quit smoking after 47 years of 1/2 pack a day. I am on blood pressure meds, blood thinners now, and lipitore, and janumet for sugar(borderline), not overweight . I smoke marijuana recreationally , a few joints on weekend. Unlike cigarettes , how will this affect my stent and arteries. I was a heavy smoker all my life of marijuana and the rest of my heart and arteries are good. Do you think occasional weekend usage will affect the stent and that area?

My father is 83 yrs. old.His height is 5.9ft,Wt.57Kg.His arteries blockage is 100,75&85%.Had 3 attacks-in1997,2004&2011.Got a stent inserted in May2011 in artery blocked 75%(had double blockade).He is passing blood with stool for last 3 days.Is it connected to stent ?

Recent questions on  Interventional radiology

Hi thanks,I ve question that my elder brother recently died 17-18 days after placement of 3 stents for triple vessel disease,he was fine for more than 2 weeks of procedure but one fine morning started with suffocation advancing to severe chest pain and died within 45 minutes in hospital emergency before resucitation could begin,what could be the cause ?

I am 47, 5'7", 138 lbs in good health. Each night when I go to bed, I lay on my stomach. My heart thud sfor about 30 seconds and then is normal and then keeps repeating . It is happening more often. What could that be? My brother is 49 and has 6 stents in place so heart troubles run in the family.

I went through a kidney infection (caused by a blocked kidney stone) and then septic shock. I am recovering nicely at home. I was very lucky. For about 3 weeks now I have some numbness in my left butt check and depending on how I sit my tailbone (coccyx) is sore. i asked the urologist if putting a stent between my kidney and bladder would cause this and he said no. Since I was in bed for quite a few days he said it might be the way I was sleeping. The stent was removed about 2 weeks ago but the numbness remains and also the sore tailbone. I am returning to work after being off work for 8 weeks and would like for this to get better. Any ideas on what would cause this as I can only see my specialist in a few weeks.

i am 68years old physically fit had two stents inserted 9years ago, i only have a problem when using my arms above my shoulders.after one or two days i become ill, erratic heart beat 50-60beats, blood pressure 140 over 80, at times other down to115 over60, what is my problem

I have a severe pain in my left calf which is relieved by moving around. I also have shortness of breath for which I went to emergency room Monday. They released me with no findings. I did not have the pain in my calf at that time. I had been to...

My dad is diagnosed with liver cancer advanced stage and getting chemotheraphy from last 1.3 yrs. For every 3 months we are having regular check up of Whole abdomen scan, LFT, CBP. Medicines we are using from starting are: Soranib tab 1 per day...

What is Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)? How effective it is? Please answer to the email address below: Thanking you XXXX