Will removal of ovaries protect me form mood swings?

i had PMDD and was practically homicidal prior to my supra cervical, salpingoectomy, and oophorectomy 6 days ago. i am not on HRT, but i did start black cohosh six days ago. From my research, i have gathered that I will be just as crazy and emotional as before. My Dr. convinced me that removing my ovaries was guaranteed to eradicate those nasty mood swings etc. Was this correct???
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

Removing ovaries is not the treatment for premenstrual dysphoric disorders. PMDD can be effectively treated with drospirenone-containing birth control pills. Discuss with your doctor to see if there are any other ovarian pathologies that necessitate ovary removal in your case.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician