Will i face complications in scaphoid fixation surgery?

I am a daily smoker of marijuana as well as tobacco I am due to have open surgery (scaphoid fixation) next wendesday and being put to sleep with anesthesia. My concern is that the THC may interact negatively with the anesthesia and possibly create complications or lead to an untimely fatality. I am very very afraid and concerned and I am considering postponing this much needed surgery due to such fears. Am I just worrying about nothing or should I truly be concerned?
Fri, 9 Aug 2019

Yes, truly marijuana addiction affects in giving anaesthesia.
But I think you need not to worry much these days because they can give you brachial block which only anaesthetise your affected limb.
And If you are to be given general anaesthesia there are good drugs available which will harm you less.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gaurang B Shah, Orthopaedic Surgeon