Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Why do joints feel tingly and prickly? Why head ache? Why tumor or stroke like symptoms?

I had an episode 10 days ago on my right hand . I had (what seemed to be) a pooling of blood under my skin on my right hand just around where my middle knuckle is. It felt tingly and prickly. I rubbed it out and was left with a huge red splotch that took 2 days to go away. SINCE that time I have had some strange symptoms. In the days to follow I had what felt like traveling prickly sensations throughout my body. From my toes and feet to my inner and outer thighs, between my shoulder blades, in my back and my hands and fingers as well. My veins in my hands were very large and I had discomfort in them as well as the lower arm area on my left arm.I also experienced some shooting pains through my head but those never lasted. Since Sunday I have had what can be best described as a deep, throbbing sensation just above my right ear that comes and goes. It was accompanied by a tingly left arm today as well as sporadic numbness throughout my head. I had an MRI today and the doctor said he is comfortable saying that he can rule out 95% that I am experiencing a tumor or stroke because they couldn t see anything on the MRI, As I write this I have a ringing in my ear and the weird presence of something not right on the right side of my head. Could all of this have been caused by the episode in my right hand? I am a healthy woman of 44. Marathon runner and all. My blood pressure while in the ER stayed at around 112/63 I am not a hypochondriac and know how to listen to my body. I am very concerned as I am a single mother of 2 children and I just can t stand not knowing what is going on. I am to see a neurologist some time this week ( I hope ). Is it safe to wait????
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi this is dr. vijay once please have a neurology consultancy and have a consultncy with a ent surgeon so that you will be checked your ear with otoscope

Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor