Why do I have nausea since I started taking cerelle instead of seasonique ?

Hi, I just started taking cerelle after being on seasonique for four years, I have started my period again after having it last week and have been feeling nauseous. How long will this last? Are there any other options in the UK for pills similar to Seasonique?
Tue, 5 Mar 2019

Nausea is a common side effect of Cerelle which is a progesteron only pill and irregular bleeding is another side effect of progesterons.

To help with these side effects it is recommended to have combined oral contraception which contains progesteron and estrogens as it happens with Seasonique.

Microgynon, Yasmin, Diane are examples of combined oral contraception pills.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj,