Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Why do I have a feeling of food being stuck in the upper part off the stomach ?

Every time I eat it feels like the food is stuck in the upper part of my stomach . I can t use the restroom unless I take laxatives and it still doesn t help alot? How can I fix this or what s causing it?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  340
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
You appear to have Chronic constipation with laxative dependence. //and ? spastic colon/
You can retrain your Bowels using high fiber diet, control high refined foods, and do regular excercise.
Take a balanced diet and do some excercise. Eat moderately and take fluids enough to keep well.
If this doesnot stop your spastic colon needs to be treated while investigation if you have any specific food allergy. or if you are on any medications like Tricyclic antidepressants or atropine like drugs.
Doing daily brisk walk and regular yoga and excer cise will keep your problem at bay.

if this doesnot help you may need to check on diabetes, and other metabolic disorders.
Answered: Thu, 15 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor