Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

White area in the eye turned black. Doctors have no clue. Solution?

Hi. 2 days ago my grandad had to spend the night in hospital because the whites of his eyes and the skin all around them had turned black. The iris had become clear and it was causing him a lot of pain. But after his night in hospital the doctors sent him home saying they didn t know what was wrong with him and had never seen it before. I was just wondering if you had ever heard of such a thing and if so, what is it?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
The black discolouration of the skin and the whites point some kind of ischaemic insult or vascular problem leading to necrosis in these areas. Your grand fathers condition appears critical. These is high possibility of some thrombotic event in this body, which could be secondarily to inflammation of blood vessels called as vasculitis, which has multiple causes.
Kindly seek help from some tertiary care hospital immediately.
Best wishes
Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor