Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Which specialist doctor should be consulted for the treatment of lipoma ?

I think my daughter has a lipoma on her back, hew will be 6 in 2 months. As per her it only hurts when it is being pressured. I want to take her to the specialist just to be sure and if needed cure. Which kind of specialized doctors should I look for? I was told to take her to Orthopedics Surgeons. Is it correct? Thank you in advance. rana
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
A lipoma is relatively harmless. In case it is growing fast and getting painful you must consult a General Surgeon who will help you the best.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor