Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Which pain killer i can take for tooth ache ?

I have sever tuthache advise me tablets i fell hot n cold in that teeth since 2 days now pain since last night? plz
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Answers:  10 Views:  1027
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,
If there is cavity associated with the tooth with pain,place cotton dipped in formocresol within the cavity for temporary relief.
Also avoid food lodgement at the site.
maintain good oral hygiene.
Get a thorough clinical and x-ray evaluation done.
Get your teeth cleaned.
Decayed teeth has to be restored.
Pain killers will not give permanent relief.
Please do take medicines after consulting with your dentist.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Tooth pain indicates infection in the tooth involving the pulpal tissues.

I would suggest you to visit to a Dentist and get a checkup done, take an x-ray of the tooth

an infected tooth can be treated with root canal treatment to save it permanently.

Till then you can take tab Zerodol TDS and tab odoxil twice for three days.

Antibiotics and anlagesics will give temporary relief.

I would encourage you to visit to Dentist and get the treatment of the infected tooth done.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
Thanks for your query.
As you provided the detail it seems that you have deep infection in your tooth reached up to pulp.
Painkillers will give you temporary relief,for permanent relief go to a dentist as soon as possible and get the complete examination done including x-rays and take a proper treatment.
Possible treatment could be root canal treatment.
Nothing to get worried.
Take care.
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
You may have a tooth abscess which has resulted in the pain. You have to consult your dentist for treatment either Root canal treatment or extraction of the tooth for pain relief.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

For now you an take tablet combiflam 500 mg,or ibuprofen 500mg,or diclofenac 50 mg.

But i would suggest you to see your dentist soon for your present symptoms.

Hope it helps.


Take care.
Answered: Mon, 15 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You might have developed pulp abscess causing severe pain.
Consult dentist and go for antibiotic course.
Mean while you can take tab. Dan-P as and when required.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care magic.toothache may be due to infection ,cavity,plaque etc so you concern dentist for real picture.brush with sensodyne tooth paste.take any pain killer like zerodol p until you visit dentist.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, if you feel more hot n cold means you need cleaning n RCT . consult with your doc n do as per advise. along with you should take vitamin C riched diet which helps in making healthy gums.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
please gurgle 4 to 5time in a day with luke warm are likely suffering from abscess in the root of the teeth.
wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic,
get a xray done for that particular tooth and it will need root canal treatment. get treated as soon as possible. take care
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor