Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Which medicine should a underweight take for weight gain ?

Hello,My Height is 156cm and my weight is only 58,so ,i am very underweight.i live in nagpur,and i have tried so many things such as cypon,practine,pritien x with bananas but all didnt work so i m in big frustration for my health.pls suggest me any medicine or suggest me a doctor in nagpur for consultancy.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jan 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  225
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Rahul, You say you are 156 cms and your weight is 58kg and you want to gain weight.First of all you are not underweight but as per national guidelines, of normal body weight for your height (56-60kg). I think you should stop worrying about gaining weight and cocentrate instead on gaining health. You can do this with regular moderate exercise--an hour of gym, walking, jogging, games, yoga; and a nutritious healthy diet of whole cereals, fruits, pulses, legumes, vegetables and dairy products with less of refined products, fried and oily, salted snacks and sweets.
Answered: Sat, 28 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor