Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Where can we seek counselling for my sisters mental condition ?

Sir, I dnt know whom i want to ask this and to which category this question will comes... I have a sister, she is 21 now.we have a problem with her.She use to speak so much in nights with gents in very typical manner by this those guy will feel in different manner.she use to speak like that only.we are telling her from past five years.But still she is in that condition only.At the time we speak with her, she will realize but again she use to do like that only.we are so much worried about her behaviour.we don t know want to do.Finally we decided we have to consult a doctor for counselling.But we don t know where we have to go.We are staying in Guntur , Andhrapradesh .Can you suggestion to which doctor we have to consult.Sorry for the big story..
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care long she talk in sleep from childhood or after that?any incidence occurs after that she talked like that manner?I suggest you to concern any psychiatrist or any homoeopath which conduct her history give treatment according to that.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi sirisha,
I very well understand the problem your family is facing. She needs a consultation with a psychologist. Usually Govt. Hospitals have a Clinical psychologist. She needs a thorough analysis of her problem. It may even be necessary to have hypnotherapy. See if it is available nearby to your place. Try not to scold her, as it may exaggerate the problem rather than reducing it.
Wishing you and all your family members all the Best.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
you should consult pshychiatrist.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

pL meet psychological counsellor to assess her mental efficiency level, if she is average counselling will help her , if she is not average we have train her for skill development
Answered: Tue, 28 Feb 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor