What would be the reason for leg pain and ankle swelling after recovering from typhoid fever?

Helo sir/mam.. My mom had typoid fever a month back and later leg pain started severely and now her ankles gets swollen if she travels or does work for sometime.. what would be the the reason.. please do guide us.. consulted to doc but swelling up is still continuing and makes her very tired.. XXXX.
Mon, 19 Aug 2019

It is quite common after a bout of typhoid. Nothing much to worry and it will settle by itself. No definite treatment is required. If there is pain or fever, you can take paracetamol for symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician