Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What treatment should one take to get rid of chicken pox scars ?

How to remove the black spots of chicken pox from my face and body... They are too odd in looking. Please help me..
Asked On : Sun, 26 Feb 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  939
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,

You could try using MEDERMA SCAR GEL on the scars/black spots. Apply evenly and rub the gel gently onto the scar 3-4 times a day. Duration depends on the age of the scar. For older scars you might have to use it for a longer period 3-6 months. Do not use the gel on open wounds. Drink plenty of fluids , rehydrate yourself and flush out the toxins. Have a nice day .
Answered: Mon, 27 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi.....dear Charan..,
Thanks for choosing .,
Black spots and scars due to chicken pox..,
usually distressing...
But good techniques are available..,
1) Intralesional therapy...,
2) Chemical peeling..,
3) Microdermabrasion..,
4) LASER therapy..,
So consult good dermatologist..
Answered: Fri, 6 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anubhav Gupta's  Response

Chicken pox marks can be really distressing. They can be improved by non surgical as well as surgical techniques. But for any further comment you need to send me a picture of yours.


Answered: Mon, 27 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor