Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for stomach and duodenal ulcer ?

my name is hafiz sohaib from lahore pakistan .i have stomach and duodenal ulcer problem from 6 months.i take my chekh up from stomach specialist doctors many times and take madicens (sucralfate syrep,RABEPRAZOLE SODIUM) from thress month.also use harbal and homeopathic madicens but not effect .what i do plz help
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Hafiz,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Its sad that you ahve been under treatment for ulcers for past six months, but the basic culprit of ulcers are H. Pylori and NSAID(analgesics). and the treatment also must consist of eradication of H.Pylori and discontinuation of these analgesics. And for those, who need to be on them, then changing to a COX-2 selective inhibitor is an option. A complete 6-8 weeks treatment is required for complete healing.Get well soon.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor