Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i take for herpes zoster and numbness near my nose ?

I am suffering fr. herpes zoster for last one month on my left hand face i consulted my Doc he has given medicine but near my nose there is numbness and some burning sensation near my left eye down eyelid.Pl advise some medicine for numbness and burning sensaion
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  274
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
what u have is post herpetic neuralgis
it is very common after herpes infection
u need to consult dermatologist
amitriptilin tab has good result
capsicain cream give releif from pain
if pain is too much u can take analgesic tab
avoid stress ,sun light exposure .
drink more water
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Mr.Jamdade;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Herpes zoster is an infection of nerve caused by a virus and since it involves nerve there is pain and burning.Please consult your doctor and get prescribed a pain killer and if the infection is severe then even a antiviral if he feels necessary.To help with the nerve pain and burning you can take tablets of carbamazepine which your doctor may prescribe according to your body weight so please consult your doctor.
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor