Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What treatment should be given to one suffering with Parkinson's disease for stiffness in joints and muscles, swallowing difficulty ?

I want to discuss about my grand father Age 85: Suffering from Parkinson disease for the last 20 years his joint and muscles have become rigid.he is completely on bed.pampers are applied to him. till 4-5 days before he was ale to sit and talk but now he can hardly talk and also feeling difficulty in swallowing .we are giving him liquid food but with great difficulty.we can hardly understand what he wants to say.he was also heart patient suffering from angina and took medicines for this for a long time but now he is not taking these medicines. dementia has also has prescribed medicines sinemet tab and requip but of no benefit.for sleep disturbance revotril is being given to him.we want your advice and suggestion so that he may take food easily and muscles rigidity is controlled and the doctor has told us that it is an old age related disease,nothing can be done,carry on nursing only.kindly guide us in detail and prescribe medicines.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The stiffness that you have is one of the symptoms of parkinson's disease. This will improve gradually as your dopamine levels will improve with the help of medicines.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Mon, 24 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor