Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for type 2 diabetes mellitus ?

hello sir i am varun age25.i hve type 2 dm please advice wht to do
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.You must be sure whether you are suffering from type 1 or type 2 diabetes because treatment becomes different in both type of must be investigated for GAD antibodies which confirm type 1 DM and are labelled as LADA ( latent autoimmune diabetes in adults). Type 1 DM is treated by inj. Insulin while type 2 by oral anti diabetic drugs.Although even if you are type 2 diabetic,you will require early intervention by inj. Insulin.Whatever the mode of treatment,you must ensure a meticulous control of your blood sugar levels to avoid future complications.Do regular exercises and keep strict control on your diet and weight.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Varun,

Welcome to HCM.
First of all get this very clear in your mind that diet alone will not be able to control your diabetes. You will need anti diabetic drugs.
Never omit to take your tablets and never take it in fasting state of long period.
Whenever you have fever or other disease condition your drug dosage may need adjustment.
Avoid all kinds of starch containing fruits and sweets. You may have dry fruits. Avoid root storage vegetables such as potatoes though you may have carrot.
Restrict your starch intake. Wheat is preferable to rice. Tomatoes are good. Use fresh green vegetables, preferably raw or boiled but without much oil.
Do regular light exercise such as morning stroll.
Do not ignore even minor wounds. Immediately wash the wound with soap and water and preferably antiseptic solution and consult a doctor.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor