What treatment should I take for diabetes, high cholesterol and thyroid levels ?

Hi Doctor , Im 49 years old man weighing 95 kgs. My work pertains to sitting in front of computer and working day long. Recently I had small bulge in my foot with acute pain. I went to a doctor who advised me to take my health profile. my fasting blood sugar is 191 and post lunch is 382 mg. My mother and brothers have long diabetics history. My S.Cholestrol is 219 mg, S.Triglycerides is 114 mg, HDL is 45, LDL is 151. VLDL is 23. Urine sugar is 1.5 % urine for albumin is nil. I smoke at least one packet a day and I dont drink. I am a vegetrain and have hunger and strong desire to munch something throughout the day. My doctor has prescribed me a diet which im following strictly. He had prescribed me Lethyrox-100 once in the morning 5 a.M, Gemer-1 (after b.f and a.din) and Bio-D max (1 after dinner). He was not able to explain to me the linkages of sugar, cholestrol and thyroid levels though I understand everything is abnormal. Is the treatment he has prescribed is in line with my problems or is he treating to my symptoms? Is this medicine adequate? Please advice, thank you
Wed, 18 Jan 2012