Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What treatment should I take for a back bone TB ?

TB attack in BACK BONE & little CRACK in back bone HI doctor my dads age are55 yrs old ,when my dad fall down in a tub ,that time to now he is facing problem is tb attack in back bone & little crack also there please give me a advice .
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Kumar, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Does he have any bend in his spinal column? It is called Pott's Disease which is the Infection of Spinal Vertebrae with the Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Bacteria which may be secondary to an extraspinal source of infection. It is a combination of osteomyelitis and arthritis that usually involves more than one vertebra. Get him examined by a Orthopedist so that he can examine him and rule out the exact cause by running few tests on him. Once confirmed he will be required to take anti TB medications for 3 months to 6 months to 1 year depending upon the severity of the infection. He has to complete the full course as there will be chances of relapse with much more severity causing neurological complications, which may require surgery then. He needs to go for regular follow up.
Let him get adequate rest and eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. And avoid stress.

I Wish him Good Health.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor