Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

What treatment can I take for knee pain and tightness in my calf and foot ?

What is wrong with me?? I have had knee pain for the past 4 months, i have been for an MRI scan which just showed fluid on the knee. I was sent to physio and then later refered to a podiastrist i am now getting orthotics but i don t actually know what is wrong. I have the feeling of clicking/crinding in my knee, pain behind, the base and on the sides of the knee; i have also got a lot of swelling around my knee and shin despite taking anti-inflamoroties for a long time. I also cannot bend my big toe and have a lot of tightness in my calf and foot. Sometimes i also get a clickign sensation in my hip. Can you help me??
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. Based on the information your condition sounds like meniscal problem which works as a lubricant sponge between two ends of bones. Some times because of trauma it could cause a tear in menisci which leads to collection of fluid in knee joint. You should discuss with your doctor in detail about your condition and MRI findings.
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor