Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What tests should be conducted for one having frequent dry cough, breathing problems and foot ankle pain with nerve swelling ?

Sir, My wife aged about 35yrs. Vegetarian. Height 5.7”, Weight 75Kgs, Blood 9.5g. No BP, No Sugar. She has been suffering from Dry cough , sneezing nose- sometimes unable to breathe properly from last 3 yrs. Apart from the above now she is suffering from foot ankle pain with nerves swelling. Kindly suggest the actual disease recognize tests to be done.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Most likely your wife is suffering from tropical eosinophilia.
Best test to diagnose is Total and differential count of WBC and if the eosinophil count is more than 5% then she is likely to be suffering from Tropical eoosinophilia. Consult a doctor and he will advise proper treatment.
For joint pains blood uric acid has to be checked. If it is high then Gout has to be considered and high uric acid level needs to be treated.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor