Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What should i do while in depression ?

I have recently been very depressed. And when I am happy, i am easily brought down within minutes. Also, I seem to have no motivation for most things anymore. I am 15 years old, and i usualy enjoy going to school to see my friends and now, i barely want to get up in the mornings. One of the most commen thoughts in my head is suicide and i have cut my wrists once or twice thinking it might help me gain control of something, but to no avail. My friends notice things are different and are constantly asking me if i am okay. My mother is completely against the idea of me possibly being mentally deppressed...and tells me its just a stage everyone goes through and itll go away soon...i also deal with alot of bullying at school for my weight and my looks and everything someone can possibly think of...i ve been called everyname you can imagine by fellow classmates...please help me...whats wrong with me...?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
I am very sorry to hear you are going through this. Based on what you described, it is likely you are depressed. It is very important that you seek help as soon as possible. Your condition needs to be treated and the treatment should not be delayed. It is disheartening to hear that your mother is not willing to accept your condition. It might be helpful if you showed her this website: It has information on the signs of teenage depression and why it should be treated. This should help her understand your condition. If you are able to convince your mother you need help, and you are ready to receive help, I recommend the following websites: and The first website is a psychiatrist locator, and the second is a psychologist locator. A psychiatrist is able to prescribe depression medicines. A psychologist provides therapy sessions in which you discuss your condition and talk about ways to manage it. Finding either one is a good starting place. I hope this helps and I hope you feel well soon.
Answered: Sun, 5 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor