Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

What should be done for the growth of the moustache ?

Hello, Mu cousin have very less moustache . He his 26 now. Is there is any problem. Plz help
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
At the age of 26; if there are no other issues to address; it's unlikely that your cousin will benefit by hormonal medication or tests.

Hormonal medication can only be started only if benefits outweigh the risks.

Hair transplant for moustache are is a relatively simple solution in such scenarios with very good outcome.

You can mail his pictures to know the exact number of hair needed and expected outcome.
Answered: Tue, 28 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi....dear Ravi..,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Growth of Moustach Hairs depend on Hormones levels.....,
During the male puberty, the hypothalamus secretes ...,
Hormones that stimulate the pituitary gland to release gonadotrophic hormones..,
which consist of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH)....,
FSH...... stimulates development of the tubes in the testes in...,
which sperm production takes place and is thought to be involved in sperm maturation....,
LH...... stimulates the testes to release testosterone.......,
In males, puberty is marked by enlargement of the testicles and penis...,
lengthening of the vocal cords, which causes the voice to deepen, and growth of pubic hair....,
Facial hair may also begin to appear on the face, chest, and abdomen...,
But some individuals take more time to grow the hairs on face(Moustach)..,
So check FSH, LH levels...,,
Consult good endocrinologist...and go accordingly..ok...good luck..,

Answered: Thu, 23 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
dear ravi
go for hormonal check up
ask any of laboratory to do hormonal check ups
his hormonal level might not be proper so if it is less then we can give him hormonal pills
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Vikram Jeet Singh Dhingra's  Response
Hi Ravi,
welcome to HCM,
as suggested by other consultants, go for the tests and if they are normal, you might be helped with facial hair tranplant
Answered: Sat, 25 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor