What should be done for pain and swelling in the knuckles and arm after an injury?

I tripped and fell 2 days ago. Evidently hit my left arm because it is very dark purple-black from above elbow to wrist, sores on knuckles and very swollen. It is very sore but can t say it hurts that bad. I can move it and have feeling in my hand. I am diabetic on insulin, have a pacemaker and am on blood thinners so I figure that s why I am so bruised. I am almost 71 yrs old. I see my diabetic doctor tomorrow but my family thinks I should go to ER clinic today. What do you think?
Mon, 24 Sep 2018

It may be due to minor contusion or fractures that may developed following the trauma. As a first line of management you can apply ice packs and take analgesics like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac for pain relief.
If symptoms persist, better to consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.