Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What should I do to improve my body frame(structure)so that I look taller ?

Hello Doc, I m 25 years old and my height is about 5 feet 5 inches and I m 54 kg in weight. The reason I m here is, I look very short may be because of my body structure. My shoulders are not broad and not a hefty personality(genetically). I want to improve my body frame(structure) so that I look taller. Is there any way to achieve that ? I have seen my friends of my height look taller thn me because of their body structure. kindly please suggest me how can I improve my body and its shape.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  517
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You cannot change the bony structure of your body but the only thing you can build up to look better is the muscular frame. For that you need to have a protein rich diet and you will have to exercise regularly according to the body area you want to look broader.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vidya Muralidhar's  Response
Welcome to HelathcareMagic forum.

I feel your BMI is fine for your height and weight and there is no need to change it, as far as your structure is concerned , you could visit a fitness clinic or a gym , where you will be taught various exercises to tone down the body and specific areas, and changes in the structure can be made .Some changes in your diet may be needed as well.

Wish you good health
Answered: Sun, 20 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor